Friday, December 2, 2005

so many numbers to sort out.....

The exam was a doozy, like I expected. It's amazing the amount of numbers to keep track of in the renal system.....the exam grade should be back in a week or less, but I'm not worrying too much about it. I did the best I could.

I do know that I'm taking a benadryl tonight to get some much needed sleep. With the fire Thursday morning and poor sleep last night, I'm needed some beauty sleep, or at least some 'watch out she's cranky' sleep. I wish I could get by on less sleep...but I've not aquired that skill yet. I'm sure I will get better at it when I'm taking call.

I'm heading to Barnes and Noble for some relaxation this afternoon. I have chemistry class from 1pm to 3pm, then I think I will head out after that. I need to pick up some gift cards for Christmas and want to catch up on some magazines and look for a book for a Christmas gift. I miss hanging out and relaxing at the book store....even though my closest companion lately has been school books and notes.....you'd think I'd be sick of books. I guess it's just the books for knowledge I'm gaining a tolerance for.

I will be at home in two weeks, hopefully recovering from a good nights sleep. I can't wait. I actually will be able to spend both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with family, rather than working....it will be odd, after 8 years and 8 holidays as a nurse to be with family and not someone else's family. The simple things in life really are sweet, aren't they?

No comments: