Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I busted a cop....

In this fine state I live in, there is a 1-800 number which you can call and report littering.....now I've taken joy in reporting people who throw their "butts" out the car window while they are driving.....I've lost count how many I've reported. Apparently, with each call reporting the litter violation, they registered owner of the car receives a letter in the mail. With repeated violations, a ticket is issued. Well, today, I'm driving down the road, behind a police car. I notice he's hanging his hand out the window holding onto his lovely cigarette. A short drive later, he drops the darn butt out his car window......I called the litter line and the woman taking the call was down right amazed and was happy to be sending the local police department a letter with their report of litter. Pretty sad when the police can't even follow the laws......
I'm caught up on lectures. I'm going to review A&P notes after I clean up the kitchen and fold/put away laundry. Chad is home tomorrow and the only thing on my to-do list was to not mess up the house...so I will clean up my mess!
I somehow misplaced my two pair of jeans between laundry Sunday and Monday morning. I distinctly remember washing them, as I was looking at the back slit pockets on one pair telling myself I should sew them shut to take away some lumpiness of my behind (wait, that may just be my chunky monkey butt). Anyway. I'm looking for a pair of my jeans to wear to class Monday morning. I'm running a little late (shocking after a week off) and do not have a clue where they would be, so wear something else. I looked through the pile of dirty clothes left to wash, my clean clothes in the basket, the dryer.........only to find them in the closet, in hubby's pile, under a few things out of my site! I truly thought I was losing it. I even asked Chad yesterday if he had seen my jeans.....but he didn't.....even though he put them away on his pile! Anyway...all is well. Off to clean up and head to bed for some light reading on Pulmonary Anatomy and Physiology. I can feel the jealousy!
Later,
Jennie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

We no longer live in a free society... Big Brother is among us.

Unknown said...

Anonymous,
No, I'm not a big brother.....just don't like those who litter. Is that too much to ask?
Me.

Anonymous said...

Free society does not mean it is ok to destroy our environment and deplete our natural resources. If it only affected you then maybe.....but NOT! Glad you turned him in Jennie!!

And litter lover you are right....big brother is watching you and listening and following.....thanks to Bush!!!

Save a tree.....hug a beaver!!

Anonymous said...

Jennie,
you are hilarious, I love your humor. Keep up the blogging, the school work, the curve workouts --all of it. You're doing great!
_K

Anonymous said...

I hate litterbugs too. I have a few choice names for them, but perhaps I can't post them here. I need that 1-800 number so I can report a few!